The combination of yeast baked pastry with curd filling and juicy cherries will not leave anyone indifferent.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0.5-0.6 kg of flour
- ~ 450 ml of milk
- 250 gr sugar
- 5 eggs
- 200 g of butter
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 50 g of fresh yeast
- half a hour. salt
- Cottage cheese stuffing for yeast roll:
- 300 gr curd 9-18%
- 300 grams of fresh or thawed cherries (pitted weight)
- sugar - to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Yeast should be ground with a fork with 2 tbsp. sugar, salt and pour half of the milk. In a yeast mixture, mix about 70 gr of flour, sifting them through a sieve, cover the container with a light towel or food film and leave for half an hour in a warm place until the opara rises by a factor of 2.
- On it’s time to leave the eggs and cut the small pieces of oil in the heat. Remove the towel / film from the gum, add raw eggs at room temperature, pour in the remaining sugar and pour in the vegetable oil, mix thoroughly with a spoon until smooth.
- Gradually add all the flour by sifting it through a sieve. At the end of kneading the dough, add a little butter, mix your hands with a soft dough. Cover it with a light towel, napkin or food film and leave for an hour and a half at 30C heat.
- After the specified time, divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Each of them is rolled into a rectangular layer about 1 cm thick. Cottage cheese is preferably wiped through a sieve or passed through a meat grinder.
- Cottage cheese, sprinkle it with sugar and roll everything into a tight roll. Cherry wash or defrost, put on the remaining two leaves of the dough and sprinkle it with sugar. Collapse these layers also into rolls.
- Collapse from the received rolls two large 2 rolls of pigtail (two bundles for each roll, one with cottage cheese, the other with cherry). Transfer both braids to a baking tray covered with parchment paper or greased with vegetable oil. Dough the surface with a mixture of 1 yolk and 2 tbsp. sweetened milk, send the baking sheet to the oven preheated to 200C.
- After 5 minutes after baking starts, lower the temperature to 180C and bake the yeast rolls with cottage cheese and cherries for about half an hour before a crispy crust. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and leave to cool for at least 15-20 minutes. The ready-made roll is delicious both in warm and cold form. Have a nice tea!