Making jam from rose hips is a laborious process, but when you try the results of your efforts in the winter, you will see that it was worth it.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1 kg of dog rose
- 0.6 kg of sugar
- 250 ml of water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
Recipe for cooking at home
- To prepare jam, you need only use a dense, not over-ripe dog-rose. Berries are washed, dried and peeled (it is convenient to do this with a pin or hairpin).
- Fold the refined rose in a basin or a large bowl, add water and stir. On the surface of the water must be collected bones, which remained inside the berries, gently drain the water along with them. Repeat the procedure with washing the berries 2 more times.
- In a saucepan, boil clean water and pour into it a peeled rose. Boil the berries for 2-3 minutes after boiling on a small fire. Throw the contents of the pan into a colander (drain the water into a separate container) and rinse it under a tap of cold water.
- Pour into the saucepan the broth in which the hips of the dogrose was brewed, add sugar and put on the fire . Stirring, bring the syrup to a boil and pour the peeled berries.
- Prepare jam from the dog rose about 5 minutes after boiling, stirring constantly. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and leave to cool for 4-5 hours. Return the jam to the fire and boil for 5 minutes after boiling.
- Remove the pan again and leave until completely cooled. Repeat the procedure with cooking and cooling two more times. During the last (fourth) cooking, pour lemon juice into the jam, mix. Sterilize the cans in any convenient way for you, cover the lids for 8 minutes.
- Dispense the hot jam over the jars, roll them up with lids and turn them upside down, wrap them with a towel or blanket. Completely cooled banks can be stored for storage to other workpieces for the winter.