If you want to cook a tasty and satisfying dish for dinner, this recipe is for you! Dumplings with potatoes and cheese on the kefir test are sure to please both adults and children.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Dough on kefir for dumplings: 300 g of flour
Potato filling for dumplings:
- 600 g of potatoes
- 2 medium bulbs
- 70-80 grams of hard cheese
- 50 g of butter
- 2 protein
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
Recipe for cooking at home
- Flour the flour into a bowl through a sieve, in the center slit the groove. Separate the yolks from the proteins and fold them into a small container. Beat yolks with a fork with salt and pepper until smooth. Pour the egg mixture into the groove of the flour mixture.
- Mix the flour from the edges, mix the eggs in a dry mass. Then pour the yogurt and knead the elastic mass with hands. Dough for vareniki on kefir should not stick to your hands. Roll it into a bowl, wrap it in a food film and send it to the refrigerator for about half an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling for the dumplings. Peel potatoes and put in a saucepan with boiling salted water. Cook after boiling for about 20 minutes. Peel onion, cut into small pieces and fry in a frying pan in a small amount of butter until golden.
- Drain the potatoes, add soft butter and crush everything to a puree state. Then stir fried onions, salt, pepper to taste. Let the mashed potatoes cool to a warm state. Grate the cheese and mix it with the squirrels into the potatoes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out on a flour-padded surface in a thin layer about 0.5 cm thick. Cut the circles with a glass, crush the remainder of the dough, knead it and roll it out again. In the center of each circle put about 1-2 tsp. fill the edges with your fingers.
- The resulting semi-finished products can be frozen, and boiled later. For cooking, boil the water in a saucepan, add salt to it and put dumplings of vareniki there. Dumplings with potatoes and cheese are cooked for about 5-7 minutes.
- When they reach their readiness, shift them with a whisk into a dish and serve with sour cream and greens Bon appetit!