Vareniki with meat and cabbage are ideal for a hearty and tasty lunch or dinner. The recipe does not require special cooking skills or a large set of products.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 250 grams of flour
- 150 ml of water
- 2 tablespoons. vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
Filling for dumplings:
- 250 g of pork or any other meat)
- 150 g of cabbage
- 1 onion
- salt, pepper and spices to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Sift flour through a sieve together with salt in one bowl, stir and make a depression in the middle. & nbsp; Boil water, add oil to it and immediately pour boiling water and butter into the center of the flour mixture, quickly stirring the last spoon.
- Stir the dough first with a spoon and then with your hands. Cover the dough with a towel or film and leave for half an hour at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling for the dumplings. Wash meat, dry and drain through a meat grinder with large holes. Onions peeled and cut into very small cubes, cabbage as thin as possible to chop, add and lightly wash with hands.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons in a frying pan. vegetable oil, put onions on it and fry it for 5 minutes on low heat. Add cabbage and cook it with onions for another 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring with a spatula.
- Add the minced meat to the pan, salt and pepper the stuffing to taste, stir and remove the frying pan from the fire. Cover and let cool. & Nbsp;
- Roll the dough into a tow, 3-4 cm thick, cut into small pieces 1-1.5 cm thick. Each piece of his hands in a flat circle, put in the center of 1 tsp. fill the edges of the dough so that the filling is inside the dumpling.
- Place the dumplings on the cutting board, pre-sprinkled with flour. Boil vareniki with meat and cabbage until cooked in boiling salted water (about 3-5 minutes from the moment of boiling).
- Remove the prepared vareniki with a squish, spread out on plates and serve hot with sour cream , butter or fried onions. Bon appetit!