This recipe for tweaks - bars, which conquered the whole world.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Sand base for biscuits:
- 375 g of butter
- 300 gr of flour
- 120 gr of powdered sugar (can be replaced with sugar)
Caramel for tweeeks: 800 g of boiled condensed milk (2) cans)
+ 300 g of milk or dark chocolate
Recipe for cooking at home
- Cut soft butter into small pieces, pour in flour, powdered sugar. Thoroughly mix everything, the dough should resemble a loaf.
- Put the crumb into a baking dish, greased with butter, tamp it all over the bottom and send it to the refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Then preheat the oven to 180 ° C, remove the base for the tweex from the refrigerator.
- Bake the short pastry for about 20 minutes at the specified temperature until cooked. Remove the form and leave to cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, prepare a homemade caramel for Twix.
- Put a butter and put on medium fire in a thick-walled pot or deep frying pan. As soon as the butter melts, add the condensed milk to the frying pan, carefully stir it.
- Gently bring the caramel to a boil, stirring it continuously while stirring. Then reduce the heat and continue to boil the condensed milk, stirring, until thick. It may take about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the caramels to cool for a couple of minutes. Pour the boiled condensed milk on the finished sand base and level the surface with a spatula or spoon. Leave everything cool for about 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, break the milk chocolate into pieces and put it in a small bowl. Melt the chocolate, stirring, in a water bath or in a microwave. Remove the container from the water bath and leave it for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the hot chocolate onto the slightly hardened caramel and smooth the surface. Let the dessert cool for about 15 minutes and put it in the refrigerator. Twix should be in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- After the specified time, take out the form, cut the dessert into small portions. If desired, you can dip each piece into the melted chocolate and put it on top of the paper for setting. Then home Twix will not be different from the store one.
- Serve a ready treat for tea or coffee. Bon appetit!