If you want to learn how to cook and store sun dried tomatoes at home - this recipe is what you are looking for.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1.2-1.3 kg of tomato (small size)
- 300-400 ml of vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- several branches of thyme, rosemary and oregano
- large sea salt to taste
- black ground pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- For frying, it is desirable to use fleshy tomatoes of small sizes (for example, the variety “Cream”). Wash, dry the tomatoes and cut them into halves or quarters. Carefully remove the pulp from the tomato.
- Heat the oven to 80C, cover the pan with parchment paper. Lay the tomato slices on the baking tray as close as possible to each other. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt and pepper, sprinkle with vegetable oil and send to a preheated oven.
- Open the oven door and fasten it in this position. Cooking sun-dried tomatoes in the oven for about 5-8 hours depending on the size. Finished tomatoes should decrease considerably in size, but keep moisture inside (ie, do not be too dry).
- Wash greens, drain and cut into large pieces. Peel the garlic and cut into thin plates. According to this recipe, you will get one or two half-liter jars with dried tomatoes. Wash the jars with soda and dry them thoroughly.
- Pour a little vegetable oil on the bottom of the jars and put a little garlic with greens. Spread a third of the dried tomatoes in the jar, pour in the oil and pour in a little garlic with herbs.
- So, add all the dried tomatoes with butter and herbs in a jar, tightly cover it with a lid. In this case, the oil should completely cover the tomatoes, so they do not spoil. Keep sun-dried tomatoes in oil necessary in a dark cool place for up to six months.
- You can use sun-dried tomatoes in the preparation of salads, pizza, meat and fish dishes. Before using the tomato it is necessary to drain the vegetable oil into a separate container, it can be used as a dressing for salads.