Lush, melting in the mouth of strudels made from yeast dough in company with rich aromatic broth, meat, potatoes and sauerkraut will be an ideal dinner for the whole family.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0.8-1 kg of any meat (pork, chicken, beef, duck)
- 700 grams of sauerkraut
- 700 g of flour
- 3 potatoes
- 300 ml of water
- 3 carrots
- 2 bulbs
- 50 g margarine or butter (+ 30 grams for dough smearing)
- 1 egg
- 30 g fresh yeast
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt with a slide
- 1 tsp. black ground pepper
- 1-2 bay leaves
Recipe for cooking at home
- First, prepare the dough for the strudels: sift the flour through a sieve, mix with the salt. In advance (for 20-30 minutes at least) take the egg out of the refrigerator and leave it to warm up at room temperature. Margarine cut into small pieces and leave for the same time in the heat to melt it.
- Yeast grind with sugar, pour 100 ml of warm water (40C), stir and cover the food container film. Leave the spoon for 15-20 minutes in a warm place.
- In the center of the flour mixture make a groove, drive in the egg and stir. Gradually introduce the yeast mixture first, then the remaining water (warm temperature), mix it almost to homogeneity.
- At the end of the dough mix, add the softened margarine and knead the dough with your hands until complete homogeneity. Cover it with food film and leave to rise for 1-1.5 hours in a warm place (35-40C).
- The meat is washed and cut into large pieces. Peel onion and cut into half rings, peel the carrots and grate on a large grater. Peel the potatoes and cut them in small cubes of approximately the same size.
- In a deep saucepan with a thick bottom or cauldron, heat 50 ml of vegetable oil over high heat. & Nbsp; Fry the oil in the oil to the blush on all sides on high heat.
- Add the onions to the meat with carrots, potatoes and reduce the heat to medium. Fry everything, stirring for about 2 minutes, add the sauerkraut and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the pan with boiling water so as to completely cover the meat with potatoes and cabbage. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid and cook for 30-40 minutes over low heat. & Nbsp; If by that time the dough has not yet come – you can take the pan off the fire, cover it and leave to infuse.
- Raise the dough and roll it into a layer about 1 cm thick. Evenly lubricate the dough layer with a soft margarine (20-30 g) and roll everything into a not very dense roll. Cut it into slices 3-5 cm thick. & Nbsp;
- Drop the slices of the roll into boiling broth with meat, potatoes and cabbage. Cover the pan with a large bowl or lid so that the steam exit opening remains and reduce the fire.
- Cook the strudels for about 40-45 minutes with a slight boil under the lid. Remove the pan from the fire, immediately remove the bowl / lid, spread the strudels with meat, potatoes and cabbage on plates and serve to the table. Bon appetit!