Pleasure yourself and your loved ones with a beautiful and incredibly delicious strudel with a cherry. The recipe may well be your favorite strudel recipe.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Extract dough for strudel with cherry:
- 200 gr of flour
- 150 ml of pure water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- a pinch of salt
Cherry filling for strudel:
- 600 g cherries pitted
- 300 g of sugar
- 100 g of butter
- 50 g of almonds replace with walnuts)
- 50 grams of shortbread (can be replaced with vanilla breadcrumbs)
Recipe for cooking at home
- Start with the dough for strudel with a cherry. Flour sift through a sieve in a bowl with salt and stir, in the center to make a small groove. Warm the water to a slightly warm temperature and stir with vegetable oil.
- Pour in the resulting liquid center of the flour mixture and mix thoroughly. Stir the dough to smoothness and uniformity, and if it sticks to your hands – you need to moisten the palm with vegetable oil.
- Wrap the dough bowl with food wrap and leave in a warm place for an hour. In the meantime, prepare a cherry filling for strudel. Wash and peel, rinse and peel.
- Fold the peeled cherry in a saucepan and cover with 200 g of sugar, mix thoroughly and put the pan on the fire. Cherries should give off a lot of juice, bring everything to a boil and lower the heat.
- Boil the cherry in the syrup for about 5 minutes with a gentle boil . After the specified time, discard the cherries with the syrup in a colander and drain the syrup (they can be poured into a ready strudel or used in the preparation of other desserts).
- If you use walnuts – they need to be cleaned, cut on large pieces. Fry the nuts in a dry frying pan, stirring, until a pleasant aroma appears. Almond simply pour boiling water for a minute. Then drain the water and peel the almonds from the husks (squeezing the nut out of it).
- Finish the nuts and cut them into small pieces using a rolling pin or a combine. Shortcake the shortbread into a large crumb with a rolling pin, combine or blender. Combine the ground biscuits with nuts and stir in the bowl.
- Pour a clean towel (plain) or cloth with flour, put dough on it and sprinkle it with flour. Roll out the dough for strudel on a towel in a layer about 5 mm thick.
- Then lift the dough with your hands and gently stretch it in different directions, turn the other side and pull your hands again in different directions. Thus, stretch the dough until the pattern on the towel (or any other surface) is clearly visible through it.
- Cut off about a third of the butter and put in a small container. Melt butter until almost completely dissolved (do not bring to a boil) and allow to cool. Heat the oven to 180 ° C, cover the pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the thick edges of the dough and spread it over the surface with melted butter. Sprinkle the dough with chopped cookies and nuts, leaving on the edges of 3-5 cm (and 5-7 cm from one edge). Put a sweet cherry over the entire area of the nut crumb and cover it with sugar (100 grams).
- Gently fold the dough into the roll with the cherry into a roll. The remaining oil is also melt to softness and grease them with a roll (leave a little to lubricate the finished rolls). Leave the baking tray in the preheated oven.
- Bake the strudel with the cherry for about half an hour until cooked. Remove the baking tray and grease the roll with the remaining butter. When the strudel is slightly cool, sprinkle it through a sieve with powdered sugar and cut into portions.
- The cherry strudel is delicious and in warm and cooled form, served with whipped cream or ice cream ball. Bon appetit!