Fragrant strawberry kvass is the perfect drink for a hot summer, when on the shelves ripe fruit and berries are abundant.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
- 1 l clean water
- 150g sugar
- 100g ripe strawberry (fresh or thawed )
- 10 grams of ginger root
- 1,5 tsp. dry yeast (about 5 grams)
Recipe for cooking at home
- Strawberries should be rinsed, cleaned of tails and allowed to drain. The defrosted or peeled berries are to be crushed with a blender to a homogeneous puree-like consistency.
- Ginger root and peel on a fine grater (you can replace fresh root with dried ground ginger – to taste).
- Yeast pour into a glass, pour 150 ml of warm water (35-40C), add a couple of teaspoons of sugar and stir until it is completely dissolved. Leave the yeast mixture for 15 minutes in a warm (about 30 ° C) until a frothy “cap” forms on the surface.
- Rest the remaining water to a warm temperature, add the remaining sugar and mix thoroughly. Pour the sweet solution into a glass bottle. Add to the sweet water strawberry puree, grated or ground ginger, stir.
- Then add the yeast mixture, stir again and put on the rubber glove (pierce with a thin needle in it one finger to through a small hole came out the air).
- Leave the strawberry kvass infused at room temperature for 2 days. After the specified time, strain the kvass through a sieve, pour into bottles and close them tightly with lids. Serve kvass from the strawberry to the table chilled.