This unique flavor and taste can not be resisted. Cook the stewed squid with this recipe and see for yourself.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0.6 kg squid (peeled carcass)
- 1 onion (preferably purple)
- 75 ml of pure water
- 4 tablespoons cognac
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. cilantro (or dill)
- 1 tbsp. basil (or dill)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp. sugar
- salt, black and red ground pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Carcasses of squid washed, cut into rings, semirings or strips (to taste). Cut the onion into small pieces, chop the garlic with a knife. In a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the onions with garlic for 3-4 minutes until golden.
- Add squid to the frying pan, simmer for another 3 minutes. Periodically stir. Pour hot water, cognac, sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Fry on low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- As soon as the sauce starts to thicken, remove the frying pan from the fire, sprinkle with herbs and mix. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Spread the stewed squids on plates and serve.