The famous Shu cakes, the recipe of which belongs to the French cuisine, is a custard cake with a beautiful sugar crust of short pastry and a gentle cream cream
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Brewed pastry dough:
- 4-5 eggs
- 250 ml of pure water
- 150 gr of flour
- 100 g of butter
- half a hour. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
Shortcake for Shu cakes:
- 100 gr of flour
- 100 gr sugar
- 80 g butter
- + food coloring optional
Creamy cream for cakes :
- 500 g curd cheese
- 100 ml cream 30-35%
- 80 gr of powdered sugar
Recipe for cooking at home
- Sift flour through a sieve (20 gr of flour can be replaced with cocoa powder), mix with sugar and finely chopped butter. Grind the dough between two sheets of parchment paper in a layer about 2-3 mm thick and remove it in the freezer for at least half an hour.
- Meanwhile, pour water into a separate pan, add the diced butter, salt, sugar and put on the fire. Stir the mixture until it is completely homogeneous, and then boil.
- Immediately pour in all the flour and knead the dough with a spatula until it begins to lag behind the bottom and walls of the pan, gathering in one bowl. Remove the pan from the plate and knead the dough with a spatula until it cools down to a slightly warm temperature.
- Drive one raw egg into the dough, carefully kneading the spatula after each. The consistency should resemble the consistency of the pancake test.
- Heat the oven to 200 ° C, cover the parchment with parchment paper, fill the pastry with a pastry bag or a cut-off bag.
- Apply small circles of dough to the baking sheet, 3 cm in diameter each. Take the dough out of the freezer and cut out the mugs & nbsp; the same diameter as the cakes. put a piece of sand on each round of the custard and send it to the preheated oven.
- Bake the Shu cakes at this temperature for about 12 minutes. Remove the baking tray from the oven and leave to cool for 3-5 minutes. Then put the cakes on the grill and let them cool down completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream for the cakes. Shu: whip the cold cream until fluffy for 3-5 minutes. Continue to whip the cream, add cream cheese curd and powdered sugar (preferably sifting it through a sieve).
- Stir the cream at medium speed until a uniform consistency is obtained. On the bottom of each cake make a cross-shaped or round cut. You can just gently cut off the top of the cakes, as in the photo.
- Fill the confectionery syringe or bag with cream and refill the cooled products. To serve Shu cakes to the table is desirable immediately after preparation, until the dough has been soaked with cream. Have a nice tea!