With this recipe you can cook a sauerkraut in an oven. This soup is famous for its inexpressible aroma and rich taste.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1 kg of beef or pork on bone
- 500 grams of sauerkraut
- 3 potatoes
- 3 bulbs
- 2 carrots
- 100 ml of pure water
- parsley root, weighing about 70-90 grams
- 30 g of butter
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 clove buds
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Meat with bones washed and folded into a deep saucepan. Pour in about 3-4 liters of water and put on fire. Remove one bulb, make 4 incisions in the peel and insert clove buds there. One carrot should be cleaned and cut into 2-3 parts. The root of parsley is cleaned and also cut into 2 parts. After boiling, remove the foam from the broth surface, put the cooked vegetables into the pan together with the peppercorns and laurel leaves. Boil the broth with a light boil for about 1.5 hours.
- Half an hour before the cabbage is cooked, warm up the oven to 200C, put a slice of butter in a small pot for baking, put sauerkraut and pour clean water. Put the pot into the oven and simmer the sauerkraut for about 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes take out the pot and leave it aside. From the finished broth take out the bones with meat and put them on a dish. Pour the saucepan and broth again on a fire and bring it to a boil. Put the sauerkraut in boiling broth.
- Boil the cabbage soup with a low boil for about 20 minutes. Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes. Separate the meat from the bones. The remaining onions and carrots are cleaned, cut the onion into small pieces, and grate the carrots.
- When the broth with cabbage is cooked, put the potatoes with vegetables. Cook for 15 minutes with a low boil . If desired, the onions with carrots can be fried for 5 minutes in vegetable oil, and add to the soup before placing it in the oven.
- Heat the oven to 80 / 100C, peel the garlic and chop it with a knife. Wash greens and finely chop. Add to the ready-made soup zazharku (if cooking vegetables in a frying pan), meat, garlic, greens, salt and pepper to taste, stir and remove from heat.
- Cover the pan with a lid and put in a preheated oven. Cook the soup in the oven for about 2.5 hours. Then take the saucepan out of the oven, leave it to cool for 10-15 minutes. Remove the lid and pour the stewed cabbage soup over the plates. Bon appetit!