Sauerkraut with apples will turn out very tasty, with pleasant apple sourness. Following this recipe, it is not difficult to cook at all!
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
- 5 kg of cabbage
- 3 carrots
- 3 apples
- 120-150 grams of salt
- half a lemon
Recipe for cooking at home
- Cut the cabbage and put it in a bowl. To cut cabbage thin and long straw, you need to roll 1-2 cabbage leaves in a roll and thinly cut it. Add the salt to the bowl with cabbage, mix and thoroughly crumple hands until the juice is formed.
- Carrots should be peeled and grated on a large grater. Apples peel and cut into small pieces about the same size. Fold the crushed apples in a separate bowl, pour the lemon juice and mix.
- Combine the salted cabbage, apples and carrots in one bowl. Glass jars should be thoroughly washed with soda, dried and tamped with salad.
- Sauerkraut with apples should be brewed at room temperature for 3 days. 2 times a day, you need to pierce cabbage to the bottom with a wooden stick or spatula in several places.
- After the specified time, you can close the jar with a lid and send it to the refrigerator. Sauerkraut with apples is stored for about 3 weeks.