This simple sauce with pineapple is ideal for meat and poultry dishes.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 2 onions
- 150 ml of pineapple juice (can be replaced with canned pineapple syrup)
- 100 g of canned pineapple
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. pure water
- 1,5-2 tbsp. vegetable oil (preferably olive)
- 1.5 tablespoons starch
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger root
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. white dry wine (can be replaced with lemon juice)
- 2 garlic cloves
Recipe for cooking at home
- Peel the onion and cut into small pieces, peel the garlic and chop it. Root ginger peel and grate on a large grater. Canned pineapples dry with a napkin and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and lay the onions with garlic and ginger. Fry vegetables, stirring, over medium heat for about 2 minutes until golden brown. In a small saucepan, combine ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, pineapple juice, wine (or lemon juice) and stir until smooth.
- Add pineapple sauce, fried vegetables and mix. Put sauce on the fire, bring to a boil and boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Combine the starch with cold water and stir. Remove the saucepan from the fire, pour the cold starch mixture into the sauce, stirring it continuously.
- Return the pan to the fire and bring its contents to a boil. Prepare the sauce with pineapple until a slight thickening for about a minute, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from the fire, cover and leave until completely cooled.
- After cooling, remove the sauce in the refrigerator and leave for at least half an hour. Chilled pineapple sauce can be served with meat dishes and poultry dishes. Bon appetit!