The classic recipe for samsa involves the use of chopped meat with onions.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0.5 kg of meat (can be replaced with minced meat)
- 450-470 gr of flour
- 1 large onion (or 2 medium)
- 3 tbsp. semolina
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 180-200 ml of pure water
- 1,5 tsp. salt
- salt, pepper, spices to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Sift flour through a sieve into a bowl, pour in salt, semolina and stir. Melt the butter in a microwave or in a water bath, let it cool down. Prepare about 190 ml of hot water.
- In the center of the flour mix, make a groove, pour oil in there and knead the mixture with hands. Then pour in hot water and knead an elastic, soft dough for samsa. The dough should not stick to your hands, roll a ball out of it and wrap it with food film. Send him for 20-30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling for samsa. Rinse and dry the meat, lightly beat it with a mallet. Cut the meat into small pieces with a knife, peel the onions and finely chop. In a frying pan warm up 1-2 tablespoons. vegetable oil.
- Pour onion and fry it until golden brown (about 2 minutes on medium heat). Add finely chopped meat (or minced meat) and fry, stirring, over medium heat. Do not cook meat until the end, it should remain lightly unprepared. Throw the meat into a colander to stack excess fat.
- Dough for samos is taken out of the refrigerator, divided into equal parts and rolled into balls (one ball is approximately two walnuts). Each ball is rolled into a cake (diameter about 4 mm), cut it in half.
- From the halves of the circle, roll the “kulechek” and put inside the filling of meat and onions. Tighten the top of the samsa with your fingers and press it tightly against the dough. Fry the sauce in preheated oil (about 5 tablespoons per frying pan) until golden brown (about 3 minutes per side).
- Transfer roasted samsa onto a paper towel and let it soak in excess fat . Transfer the patties to a dish and serve hot with your favorite sauce and fresh herbs. Bon Appetit!