Original salad with pork tongue and cucumbers will diversify your menu and become a frequent guest in your menu.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1 pork tongue (can be replaced with beef)
- 250 g mayonnaise
- 200 g pickled cucumber (can be replaced by fresh ones)
- 2 eggs
- 100 gr of cheese
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 black peppercorns
- salt to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- In a saucepan, boil a large amount of water, add a bay leaf, peppercorns and drop the rinsed pork tongue. After boiling, remove the foam and cook the pork tongue until ready for 1.5 hours with a weak boil. Place the eggs in a separate pan, pour over with cold water and put on fire. Boil them for 10 minutes after boiling, drain the boiling water and pour in cold water. Leave the eggs to cool in cold water (periodically change it as it is heated).
- Marinated or washed fresh cucumbers cut into thin strips. Cheese grate on a large grater or cut into very small cubes. Boil the tongue out of the boiling water and immediately remove the skin from it under a stream of iced water.
- Eggs should be peeled and grated on a large grater or chopped very finely. Peeled off the skin, cut the tongue with straw, combine in salad bowl with marinated / fresh cucumbers, eggs, cheese (leave for decoration), add salt and mix.
- Serve salad with pork tongue with mayonnaise, carefully stir and decorate with the remaining grated cheese. Serve the salad to the table preferably immediately after cooking. Bon appetit!