Thanks to this recipe, you can quickly prepare a tasty and healthy salad with couscous. This dish is perfect for those who follow the figure and their health.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 3 cucumber
- 250 ml of boiling water
- 200 g of tomatoes (preferably cherry)
- 200 g of fetax cheese (can be replaced with feta)
- 100 g of olives
- 100 g of couscous
- 100 g of canned corn
- 1 medium bulb
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil (preferably olive)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar (or usual 9%)
- seasonings to taste (French herbs: rosemary, thyme, parsley, paprika, basil, tarragon, turmeric)
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/3 tsp sugar
Recipe for cooking at home
- Pour couscous into the bowl (pre-rinse it with hot water) and pour a glass of boiling water. Cover the bowl with a lid and cover with a towel, leave for the time of preparation of the remaining ingredients for the salad.
- Peel onion, cut into thin rings / half rings and fold into a small bowl. Pour vinegar to it, pour in sugar and mix thoroughly (if sugar is added, sugar is not necessary).
- Open a can of black olives and corn, put 100 grams of each in a salad bowl and mix . If the olives are large, pre-cut them into halves. Cucumbers washed and cut into small cubes, fetaksu / feta cut into the same pieces.
- Wash tomatoes and cut the same cubes as cucumbers with cheese. Check couscous for readiness (it should steam out and completely absorb water). If it is ready – put it in a salad bowl. Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, corn and onions (lightly patted it with a napkin from vinegar) in a salad bowl to couscous, mix. Top with cheese cubes, salt, pepper, add spices to taste, vegetable oil and gently mix.
- Serve the salad with couscous immediately after cooking. Bon appetit!