A simple recipe for a very tasty salad with chickpeas, tomatoes and cheese. Prepare a salad for everyone, and the result will pleasantly surprise you. You will get a fragrant and healthy dish.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 350 grams of dry chickpeas
- 2 large tomatoes
- 100 gr of feta cheese or brynza
- several branches of thyme
- salt to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Chickpea pre-soak for 4 hours in cold water, you can overnight. Drain the water, pour peas into a saucepan, pour a liter of water and put on fire. Cook chickpeas after boiling for about an hour (with a weak boil). Then add salt, stir and cook for another half hour.
- Remove the pan from the plate and flip its contents to a colander. In a frying pan warm up 1-2 tablespoons. vegetable oil and lay a warm chickpeas. Fry it for 5 minutes, stirring, until golden brown.
- Then transfer the contents of the frying pan to paper towels and soak off excess fat. Allow the chickpeas to cool completely. Meanwhile, wash the tomatoes and cut into large pieces, cut the cheese into small cubes. Thyme rinse and grind with a knife. In a salad bowl, combine chickpeas, tomatoes, cheese and thyme, add salt and mix. Salad with chickpeas is ideal for picnics, as it can be stored longer than other salads. Serve as a main course or garnish. Bon appetit!