A detailed recipe for making lean cabbage soup from sauerkraut. Pleasure yourself and your loved ones with fragrant and rich soup with a rich set of vegetables.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- about 700 grams of sour cabbage
- 2 medium bulbs
- 2 potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 100 g of fresh mushrooms or 50 g of dried
- 1 Bulgarian pepper
- 70 g of peas (optional)
- a few sprigs of greens
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Peas and rinse with water for an hour and a half (this is not necessary). Dried mushrooms put in a bowl and pour 1.5 liters of hot water, leave for half an hour. Then boil them in this water for an hour until cooked.
- If you use fresh mushrooms (not champignons), boil them in boiling salted water (1.5 liters) for half an hour . Champignons need just to be thoroughly washed and cut into small cubes. Mix the mushroom broth in a separate pan and strain through a sieve.
- Peel the onion and finely chop it. Carrots clean and grate. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Bulgarian pepper is washed, peeled and cut into small pieces.
- If you have a mushroom broth – put on fire, add water so that it’s about 2 liters. If you use champignons and broth is not, just pour 2 liters of water into a pan. Bring the liquid to a boil, add the peas and cook it for about half an hour.
- Meanwhile, cook the frying for the sour cabbage soup. In the frying pan, heat a couple of spoons of vegetable oil and put onions. Fry it for about 3 minutes on medium heat, stirring. Add the carrots and mix. Continue to fry for about 5 minutes, stirring.
- Mushrooms (dried, boiled or mushrooms) cut into pieces and add to the roast, mix. Fry everything until ready for another 10-15 minutes, close to the end salt and pepper all to taste.
- After 20 minutes after the beginning of boiling, add the potatoes. Cook for another 10 minutes. Add the roast with mushrooms and stir. Boil the lean soup for 5 minutes and add the sauerkraut.
- Brew lean soup from sauerkraut for another 10 minutes with a weak boil. Add salt, spices to taste and stir. Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave for 10 minutes under the lid. Spread lenton soup on plates, decorate with fresh herbs and serve. Bon appetit!