The royal jam from gooseberries is really a royal treat, which everyone can cook at home.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- To prepare the royal jam it is necessary to use a slightly unripe gooseberry (ie sour). Gooseberries sort out, remove leaves, stems and brown tips of berries. Then gently cut each berry into two parts and remove the seeds. Cherry the leaves thoroughly rinse and dry.
- Fold the peeled berries of gooseberries in a bowl or pan, periodically pouring layers of cherry tree leaves. Pour the gooseberries with leaves with cold water so that it completely covers the berries. Gooseberries should brew for about 5-6 hours at room temperature.
- Then discard the berries with the leaves in a colander and let drain off all the water. Sugar mix with water in a large bowl or pot, put on fire. Stir, bring the syrup to a boil and add the berries with the leaves.
- Immediately after boiling, remove the jam from the gooseberries from the stove and allow it to cool completely (at least 4 hours). After the specified time, place the bowl / pot with the jam on the fire and bring to a boil, stirring. Remove the jam from the plate and leave it for at least 4 hours.
- Repeat the boiling procedure, meanwhile, sterilize the jars and caps in any convenient way for you. Dispense hot jam from gooseberry on the banks, roll them with lids and turn upside down. Royal jam from gooseberries should be infused in this form for at least 3-4 hours. Then you can remove the jars in a dark cool place for storage.