Many recipes for sushi and rolls require rice vinegar. But as a rule, this is an expensive product, or it simply can not be found in the store.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
- 1.2 l of pure water
- 0.9 kg of sugar
- 300 g of white rice
- 1/3 tbsp. dry yeast
Recipe for cooking at home
- Rice thoroughly rinse under cold water, put in a bowl. Pour 1.2 liters of cool water, let it last 4 hours. Then put in the refrigerator for a day.
- The resulting liquid strain through gauze, folded in several layers. Sprinkle sugar, stir until it dissolves. In a saucepan, boil the water and put the rice vinegar in a water bath.
- Cook 20 minutes after boiling (the mixture should boil a little). Remove the saucepan from the heat, rinse the rice vinegar for an hour. Pour the cooled rice vinegar into a glass (!) Jar.
- Add yeast to the jar, carefully stir it with a wooden (!) Spoon. Leave the glass jar for 5-6 days so that the vinegar begins to ferment.
- Then pour the rice vinegar into a clean jar. Cover the neck with gauze, folded in half and pull it together with an elastic band. Put vinegar to sour for 35 days.
- As soon as the mixture boils, remove the saucepan from the fire and cool the vinegar. Pour into ceramic or glass containers and cork.
- After that, rice vinegar is considered ready, it can be used in the preparation of rolls and sushi. It is stored as much as ordinary table vinegar.