According to this recipe, red currant jam will turn out very tasty, with a gentle consistency and pleasant sourness.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- Rinse the red currant and let it drain from the water. In the meantime, in a large saucepan, boil 1 liter of water. Pour the washed currant into the boiling water and boil it for 1.5 minutes. Throw the berries in a colander and let drain off the water.
- Crush the currant with a potato mash to a puree state (you can use a blender). Mix in a large bowl of berry puree, water and sugar, put on fire.
- Stirring, bring the mass to a boil. Cook currant jam for about half an hour with a weak boil, stirring as often as possible. When the density of the jam suits you, you can remove it from the plate.
- Meanwhile, you can sterilize the jars and covers in any convenient way for you. Pour hot jam over the cans, roll them up with lids and turn them upside down, cover with a warm blanket.
- Red currant jam should brew in this position until it cools completely. Keep homemade jam in a dark cool place for about 2 years.