An incredible fragrant and tasty dish, which is suitable even for meeting the most important guests. Rabbit, stewed in sour cream and white wine, will not leave indifferent any gourmet.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- rabbit carcass weighing about 1.2-1.4 kg
- 250-300 g of sour cream
- 250 ml chicken or broth (can be replaced with clean water)
- 2 onions
- 150 ml dry white wine (optional)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- thyme to taste (optional)
- salt, pepper to taste (preferably a mixture of 4 peppers)
Recipe for cooking at home
- Remove the giblets from the rabbit, rinse and dry meat with bones. Cut the carcass into portions. Onions peeled and cut into thin quarters, garlic cleaned and crushed in garlic crock.
- In a deep frying pan heat the butter and vegetable oil. Put the pieces of meat in a frying pan and fry them until golden brown on all sides (about 5-7 minutes). It is best to do this in several approaches, dividing the meat into 2-3 meals.
- Put all the pieces in a clean pan and cover, prepare the sauce. If desired, the rabbit can not be fried, and immediately begin with the preparation of the sauce. In the pan in which the rabbit was roasting, combine the crushed onion.
- Fry it for 2-3 minutes on medium heat, stirring, add salt. Then pour in the white wine, stir and simmer with a slight boil, stirring, about 7-8 minutes. After the specified time, add the crushed garlic, thyme, salt, pepper to taste and mix.
- Pour the sour cream, stir well, pour the broth (or clean water) and stir again. Oven to warm up to 180C, put the pieces of rabbit into the resulting sauce and bring the liquid to a boil. Cover the pan with a lid (or foil) and send it to the preheated oven for about 1.5 hours.
- You can extinguish the rabbit in sour cream on the stove for about 1.5 hours with a slight boil. Meat is considered ready when it is easily separated from the bone. Remove the prepared dish from the plate / take it out of the oven and leave it under the lid for 10 minutes.
- A rabbit stewed in sour cream and white wine is ready. Lay out pieces of meat on plates and serve with sour cream sauce, ideal for garnish boiled potatoes. Bon appetit!