Having cooked pâté in this way, you will not trade this recipe for any other!
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 400 g of rabbit liver
- 350 g of butter
- shallot 3 pieces
- 200 ml of cream 20%
- 50 ml of Calvados (can be replaced with any liquor infused with apples or cognac)
- several branches of rosemary
- 1 garlic clove
Recipe for cooking at home
- Wash the liver and dry with a napkin, cut into small pieces. Peel onion and garlic, cut as small as possible with a knife.
- Melt 100 gr of butter in a frying pan or in a pan with non-stick bottom. Fry in a melted butter on a small fire until golden onions, stirring with a spatula. Then add the garlic and fry another 1-2 minutes until it is lightly colored.
- Pour the calvados into the pan and mix. As soon as almost all the alcohol is evaporated, pour warmed cream to the onions and garlic and paddle with a spatula.
- Cook the sauce over low heat, stirring constantly with a spatula, for a few minutes until lightly thickened. Then add the crushed rabbit liver to the cream sauce and simmer for about 15 minutes with a gentle boil, often stirring at the same time.
- Once the liver is cooked (but remains soft!), Salt all to taste and remove from heat. Cover the liver with cream in a lid and leave to cool to room temperature or a lukewarm temperature.
- Then carefully beat the contents of the frying pan with a blender several times until the mass is completely homogeneous. For greater tenderness, the liver pate can be wiped through a sieve. Gradually add 150 g of butter to the pate, whisking after every 50 g until homogenous with a blender. Pour the mass into a glass jar suitable for the size.
- Melt the remaining butter in a water bath or microwave, cool to room temperature and pour the pate. Decorate the surface with branches of rosemary, cover the jars with lids and send to the refrigerator. Leave the rabbit liver in the refrigerator for at least 8-10 hours (even better – for a day). You can serve as a snack, with baguette or croutons. The home pate is stored for up to a week in the refrigerator.