If you are interested in the question: how to cook a rabbit in the oven, this recipe is what you need.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- The rabbit is gutted, washed and chopped. The rabbit carcass is traditionally cut into the front and back legs, the thoracic part is also divided into two parts, the lumbar and sacral parts. All the pieces are rinsed under running water, dried with a paper towel.
- Fold all parts of the rabbit in a bowl, rub it with salt and pepper on all sides. Pour meat with wine and put a couple of sprigs of dill on top (pre wash them), put the bowl in the refrigerator. Leave the rabbit to marinate for 5 hours.
- After the specified time, cook the roast. Onions peeled and cut into small pieces, peeled garlic and crushed in garlic crock. On tomatoes, make cross-shaped incisions and stay for a minute in a pot of boiling water.
- Transfer the blanched tomatoes into a container of cold water and allow them to cool. Peel the pulp from the skin and cut into thin slices. In a frying pan, heat a couple of spoons of vegetable oil and put the garlic out.
- Fry it over medium heat for a few minutes, stirring. Cut pieces of rabbit with a paper towel, roll around on all sides in flour and put them in a frying pan so that they do not touch (or almost touch) each other.
- Roast rabbit meat for 5 minutes on both sides and put into a separate bowl . In the frying pan, where the rabbit was roasting, pour a little white wine in which the rabbit was marinated (about 100 ml). Add sour cream, chopped dill, chopped tomatoes and onion.
- Thoroughly mix everything and simmer for about 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring . Pour the pieces of rabbit in a bowl with sour cream sauce. Oven to warm up to 180С, a baking dish or a baking sheet to grease 1 tsp. vegetable oil.
- Put pieces of meat on a baking tray / in a mold, pour sour cream sauce, lay a few olives or olives on the sides and put a few twigs of thyme on top. The rabbit is cooked in the oven for about 45 minutes. For this time, it is obligatory 1-2 times to take out the form and pour the meat down with the sauce down (ie every 15-20 minutes).
- Take the baking tray out of the oven, let the rabbit cool down . Lay the meat on plates and serve hot, with any side dish to your taste. Bon appetit!