Surprise your loved ones with the original Italian cuisine prepared according to this classic recipe. Potato nyoki is perfect for dinner and for a festive table.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 400 g of potatoes
- 100 grams of hard cheese (+ 50 g for serving)
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1-2 tbsp. manki (can be replaced with flour)
- 1,5 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- a few sprigs of dill
- salt, pepper, spices to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Heat the oven to 170 / 180C, then thoroughly wash and dry the potatoes. Turn each potato into foil and send it to a preheated oven. After about 20 minutes take out the potatoes and unfold the foil, check for availability with a fork.
- Then peel the potatoes from the skins, grate them on a fine grater. Grate the cheese on a small grater, mix with potatoes. Drive in the egg, add a spoonful of vegetable oil, salt, pepper and spices to taste, knead it all with a spoon. Then gradually mix half the chopped greens of dill, flour and semolina.
- divide the mass into 2-3 parts and roll from each sausage. Cut the roast potato dough into pieces about 1.5-2 cm thick (like lazy vareniki). Each piece is lightly pressed with a fork or shaped using a special gnocchi form. In a saucepan, boil about a liter of water, pour in vegetable oil, pour in a teaspoon of salt and stir. Put the pieces of potato dough into water and bring it to a boil. Cook gnocchi about one and a half minutes with a small boil and throw in a colander.
- In a frying pan, warm a spoonful of butter, put the cooked pieces of dough there. Fry them over medium heat until golden brown, stirring, for 3-5 minutes and put on a dish. Meanwhile grind the remaining greens, grate the cheese on a fine grater
- Serve potato gnocchi to the table hot, sprinkle with greens and cheese on top. Especially delicious with fried bacon and onions. Bon appetit!