With this simple and step-by-step recipe, you can easily prepare a delicious, tender and very fragrant pork basturma at home.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
- 0.7 kg of pork (tenderloin)
- 5 tbsp. brown sugar
- 50-75 ml of pure water
- 4 tbsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. chabera
- ground coriander - to taste
- ground paprika - to taste
- red ground pepper - to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Wash the pork and dry it with a paper towel or napkins. In a small container, mix the salt with sugar and rub the whole mixture evenly with the whole piece of meat.
- Covering nothing, send the meat to the refrigerator for 3 days (preferably once a day to turn it over to the other side) . After the specified time, tightly wrap the salted pork tenderloin with several layers of gauze or bandage and leave it in the refrigerator for 20 kg with an oppression (or for two days under 10 kg).
- Salted meat free from the gauze and tightly bandaged with a rope. In a small container, mix all the spices, add a little water and stir. It should not turn out to be very thick.
- Lubricate the mixture with pork from all sides and hang it over the rope in a well-ventilated room (ideally – on the street or on the balcony). After 3 days, tightly wrap the pork basturma with gauze or bandage and leave to dry for another 2 weeks.
- After 14 days, you can take off the meat, release it from gauze and rope, cut into thin slices and serve to the table as a snack. Bon appetit!