The Italian dish, which has conquered many countries of Europe and America, can be prepared at home.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0.6 l clean water
- 250 g corn cereal (glass)
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- In a saucepan, boil about 600 ml of water and add salt (about 0.5-1 tsp). Pour a thin trickle of croup, stirring the water and reduce the heat. Boil the polenta with a slight boil for half an hour. Periodically stir the porridge, preferably with a wooden spoon.
- After the specified time, check the polenta for readiness: it easily moves away from the walls when stirring, and a light crust should form on top.
- When these signs appear, remove the saucepan from the fire, pepper the dish to taste and mix thoroughly. Transfer the polenta into a round or square shape, greased with butter, smooth the surface.
- Leave the dish for about an hour to cool down, and then send it to the refrigerator. Polenta should be infused in the cold for at least 2 hours. After that, it can be taken out of the refrigerator, cut into small pieces and served.
- Italians serve polenta with mushrooms, fried meat, vegetable sauces and cheese. Portion pieces of the dish can be fried on a grill or frying pan and served hot. Bon appetit!