Do not know what to cook with cherries? Prepare a tasty and beautiful jam-free jam, which may very well become your favorite homemade jam in the family.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1-1,2 kg of sugar
- 1 kg of sweet cherry
- 200-250 ml of pure water
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Recipe for cooking at home
- Cherry pick and peel the fruit from the stems, remove the bones with a special tool or with a pin. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar with water and put on a low fire.
- Stirring, bring the syrup to the full dissolution of the sugar. After boiling the syrup, add the cherry and stir it. As often as possible stirring, bring the cherry jam to a boil and remove from heat.
- Cover the pan with gauze and leave for 10-12 hours at room temperature. After the specified time, put the pan on the fire (remove the gauze) and, stirring, bring the jam to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover with gauze and leave for 10-12 hours.
- Repeat the procedure with cooking and full cooling 3-4 more times. During the last cooking, sterilize the cans in pairs, in the oven or in the microwave, and boil the lids for 10 minutes.
- Immediately after boiling, spread the jam over sterile jars and roll them with hot lids, turn them upside down. Wrap the jars with a blanket and leave for 6-8 hours. Then remove the blanket and remove the cans for storage in a dark cool place. Preserved jam from cherries without pits for about 2 years.