Thanks to baking in the oven, the pilaf becomes more friable, completely saturated with the aromas of spices, and the meat turns out to be very tasty and delicate.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0.6 kg of any meat (lamb, pork or chicken / turkey fillet from the hip will suit)
- 400 grams of rice < li itemprop="ingredients">2 large onions
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 garlic heads (8-10 denticles each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- spices for pilaf to taste - cumin, barberry, turmeric
- salt, pepper to taste / ul>
Recipe for cooking at home
- Rice put in a bowl and pour cold water so that its level is 2-3 cm above the level of rice. Rinse rice in water, rubbing it with your fingers and draining the water. Pour rice again with water and rinse it, drain the water. Carry out the same operation with rice 4-5 more times until the water is clear after washing. Leave the rice in clean cold water while preparing the remaining ingredients for pilaf in the oven. Wash meat, dry and cut into small pieces. If you use chicken or turkey fillets, it is desirable to remove it from the thighs or legs (there the meat contains more fat and the pilaf will get better).
- Fold it in a bowl, add salt, pepper and mix . In a frying pan, heat a couple of spoons of vegetable oil and lay out the meat, fry it over high heat to ruddy from all sides, stir as often as possible with a spatula (4-5 minutes for pork / beef / mutton and 2-3 minutes for chicken / turkey).
- Transfer the roasted meat to a baking dish, peel onion and finely chop, peel and grate the carrot and grate. Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the frying pan and lay the onion, fry it until golden on low heat, stirring with a spatula.
- Add the carrots to the fried onions and stir, fry for a few more minutes softness of vegetables and golden color of carrots. Drain the water from the rice, put it in the baking dish on top of the meat, cover the rice with vegetable fry.
- In a separate saucepan, boil about 0.75 l of water, add salt, pepper it, add spices for plova and pour the resulting meat with rice and vegetables. Oven to warm up to 180 / 200C, from the heads of garlic remove 1-2 layers of husk, so that they are clean and stuck in pilaf. Cover the form with a lid or foil sheet and send to a preheated oven.
- Cook the pilaf in the oven for about an hour until the liquid is completely absorbed. Remove the mold from the oven and leave to cool for half an hour. Then remove the lid / foil, spread the oven-baked pilaf on plates and serve hot to the table. Bon appetit!