A cake with cottage cheese and cherries is easy to make. The recipe will definitely become one of your favorites.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Biscuit for cake with cottage cheese and cherries:
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams of sugar
- 75 gr of flour
Cottage cheese and cherry filling:
- 350 gr of cottage cheese (preferably pasty)
- 350 ml of cream 30-35%
- 150 g of sugar (+50 g for fresh cherries)
- 150 grams of fresh cherries (or 150 g of cherry jam)
- 3 tbsp. gelatin
- 20 grams of vanilla sugar
+ 100 g black milk chocolate and 2 tbsp. cream / milk
Recipe for cooking at home
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C, cover the baking dish with parchment paper. Eggs to drive into a bowl and start to beat them with a mixer, gradually pouring sugar. Beat about 4-5 minutes before forming a creamy creamy mass.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer and pour in the flour, whisk the dough for a few seconds until smooth. Pour everything into a pre-cooked form and send it to a preheated oven. Bake a biscuit for about half an hour until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare a cherry filling. Cherry rinse, peel off and put in a colander (fix it over a bowl), cover with sugar. If you use jam – also add it to a colander to stack the syrup.
- Remove the shape and get the biscuit out of it, leave it to cool. Gelatine pour into a small container, pour in a glass of cherry syrup and cold water (all you need about 100 ml of liquid). Leave the gelatin to swell for 15 minutes.
- Then put the container with gelatin on a water bath and heat until it dissolves, stirring. Remove the container from the water bath and leave to cool. If the cottage cheese is granular – wipe it through a sieve.
- Add half the usual sugar, vanilla sugar and start beating with a mixer. Do not stop whipping, pour a thin stream of slightly warm gelatinous liquid. Mix the curd mass to full homogeneity. Add the cherries to the curd and mix again.
- Chilled cream in a separate bowl until the foam is formed. Pour the remaining sugar in a thin trickle and continue whisking until firm peaks. Mix whipped cream to a creamy cherry mass to a homogeneous consistency.
- Place the biscuit in a suitable size and cover it with a uniform layer of cream. Leave the cake with cottage cheese and cherries in the freezer for 15 minutes. In the meantime, break the chocolate into pieces, put it in a small container and melt it, stirring it.
- Pour a couple of spoons of cream or milk and mix thoroughly, remove the container from the water bath. Take the cake out of the freezer, cover with chocolate icing and send it to the refrigerator. Leave the cake with curd cherry filling for 4 hours to freeze.
- After the specified time, take out the shape, decorate the cake to your taste and cut into small pieces. Have a nice tea!