Soft, fragrant and literally melting in your mouth a tender dough cake with a juicy cabbage filling will not leave anyone indifferent.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Yeast dough for pie:
- 0.5 kg of flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 200 g of margarine or butter
- 3 eggs
- 50 g of fresh yeast (you can replace 12 g of dry yeast) li>
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cabbage cabbage (up to 1 kg)
- 4 eggs
- 2 onions
- 50 g of butter
- a small bunch of dill with parsley
- salt, pepper
+ 1 egg for lubrication
Recipe for cooking at home
- All the ingredients for the pie should be a little warm or at room temperature (you need to remove the margarine / butter, eggs and milk from the refrigerator in advance).
- Dry shakes should be sifted through a sieve together with flour in one bowl. Fresh yeast grind with a fork with sugar and 4 tablespoons. warm milk. Leave the yeast warm mixture in a warm room for 10-15 minutes, covering it with a film.
- In a separate bowl, beat raw eggs, pour in the yeast gum and the remaining warm milk (or just warm milk if you use dry yeast.)
- Mix the flour with salt and mix until smooth. Mix the dough, pour the melted and cooled margarine or butter to 40C, mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with the dough with a light towel or film and send it to the refrigerator for a couple of hours. By that time, prepare the filling.
- Eggs pour over with cold water, put on a fire and bring to a boil. Cook for about 10 minutes after boiling.
- Drain the boiling water and pour the boiled eggs with ice water, leave until completely cooled. Peel the boiled eggs from the shell and cut into small cubes. Cut the cabbage into squares with sides of 5 mm, fold it into a saucepan with a lot of boiling salted water and boil for 2-3 minutes .
- Throw the cabbage into a colander and let drain off all the water. In a deep frying pan, melt the butter, combine the crushed onion and fry it to a golden color on low heat. Add the cabbage and fry it with onions, stirring with a spatula, about 5 minutes (increasing the fire to an average). Stir the stewed cabbage with the boiled eggs.
- Dill with parsley and rinse and dry as little as possible and add to the filling, salt and pepper it to taste.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and divide it into 2 equal parts. Half the dough is spread evenly over the baking tray, greased with vegetable oil.
- Top with the dough filling, leaving about 1 cm of dough on each edge free. Roll the second half of the dough on a flour-poured table and cover the filling.
- Tightly connect and tear the upper and lower dough strips around the edges. Egg in a small bowl and shake with a fork. Lubricate the surface of the pie with the egg mixture and send the pan to the oven heated up to 180 C.
- Bake a yeast pie with cabbage and egg to a crispy crust for about 35 minutes. Remove the baking tray from the oven, cover the cake with a light towel and leave for 15-20 minutes. Then cut it into slices and serve it to the table. Bon appetit!