Perl porridge with stew with this recipe is prepared very simply, and is eaten quickly. Despite a simple set of ingredients, such a mess will not leave anyone indifferent.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- Pearl barley should be soaked for the night in cold water. Then drain the water, pour about 800 ml of water into a separate pan and put it on the fire. After boiling, add water and pour the pearl barley.
- Barley porridge is boiled for about 45-55 minutes. When the porridge is ready, it will need to be thrown back in a colander and letting water drain. Onions peeled and cut into thin quarters, carrots cleaned and grated on a large grater. In a frying pan, heat a couple of spoons of vegetable oil and pour onion.
- Cabbage chopped, mushrooms thoroughly washed and cut into small pieces. After a couple of minutes, add the carrots to the onion and mix. After another 2-3 minutes, add chopped cabbage and mushrooms to the pan.
- If necessary, pour in a spoonful of vegetable oil. Fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes until ready and add the finished pearl porridge. Thoroughly mix everything, open the jar with stew and add to the pearl bar with the liquid.
- Add salt, pepper, spices to taste, fry it for another 1-2 minutes, stirring. Then add sour cream, tomato paste and stir in the frying pan. Prepare pearl gruel with stew for about 5-7 minutes, stirring.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and cover with a lid for 10-15 minutes. Pearl barley with stew will be tastier if wrapped in a frying pan with a towel and leave the dish for half an hour . Dispense the ready porridge with vegetables and meat on plates, sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve to the table hot. Bon appetit!