A familiar cake in the form of cakes is a favorite sweet dessert. According to this recipe, Napoleon cakes are very soft, delicate, with a pleasant vanilla flavor.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Dough for Napoleon cakes: 600 g of flour
- 750 ml of milk
- 400 g of sugar
- 5 eggs
- 250 g of butter
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 20 grams of vanilla sugar
Recipe for cooking at home
- Sift the flour through a sieve into a bowl, chilled margarine grate on a large grater and grind flour mixture by hand into a crumb. Egg in a small bowl and whip with a whisk or fork with vinegar and water. In the center of the flour crumb, make a deepening and gradually pour in the egg mixture, constantly pouring the flour from the edges of the bowl.
- Knead the dough to a uniform, smooth consistency, divided into 10 equal parts. Cover them with food film and send to the refrigerator for an hour. In the meantime, make a Napoleon cake cream.
- Pour half a liter of milk into a pan, put on fire and add about 120-130 grams of sugar. Stirring, bring the sweetened milk to a boil and immediately reduce the heat. In the meantime, drive the eggs into a separate bowl and whisk them at medium speed with a mixer, add flour, remaining sugar, pour the remaining milk (250 ml) in a thin trickle and whisk at low speed until smooth.
- Pour the whipped mass with a thin trickle into the boiling sweetened milk, stirring it continuously while stirring. Boil the cream until lightly thickened, stirring constantly (do not bring to a boil). Remove the pan from the plate, cover and leave to cool. Remove the butter from the refrigerator and leave it for half an hour at room temperature. Remove the dough from the refrigerator, heat the oven to 180 ° C, cover the pan with parchment paper. Roll one part of the dough into a thin rectangle or square, cut off the unnecessary edges (with the top of the shape of the desired diameter) and pierce it in several places with a fork. Leave the baking sheet in the preheated oven.
- Bake the cake for Napoleon about 8 minutes to golden brown . Meanwhile roll out, cut and pierce the second piece of dough. Take out the baking sheet, put the cake on a grill or on a dish, lay the rolled dough on the parchment and send it to bake until cooked.
- So roll out and bake the remaining pieces of dough, put the finished cakes in a pile. At the end put on the baking tray cut the dough and send them to dry for 5 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the baking tray with the scraps to cool inside it. If the scrap of the dough was not enough, it will be possible to crush one of the cakes.
- Fold the melted butter with a mixer with vanilla sugar until a lush creamy mass is formed. Do not stop beating the oil cream, add to it a cold custard after cooling, whisking after each time.
- Lubricate the surface of each cake with the cream, add them with a pile. Cut the chips into a crumb with a blender or rolling pin, sprinkle the sides and top of the resulting cake and send it to the refrigerator. It is advisable to leave some crumbs to cover the cakes.
- Napoleon should be in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours (the more the better). Then take the dish out of the refrigerator and cut the cake into portioned squares or rectangles. Finished Napoleon cakes sprinkle with powdered sugar or crumb from the scraps and serve to the table. Have a nice tea!