The famous and beloved Mimoza salad with sardines really looks like a branch of a yellow mimosa, thanks to the ornamentation of grated yolks.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 2 apples
- a can of sardines in its own juice (about 350 grams)
- 4 eggs
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 100 g of mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Wash potatoes and carrots under a stream of cold water, put in a saucepan with plenty of boiling salted water. Cook the vegetables until soft for half an hour after boiling.
- Put eggs in a separate pan, pour cold water (it should cover them completely) and put on fire. Boil eggs after boiling for 10 minutes on moderate heat. Drain the boiling water, pour the boiled eggs with ice water and leave until completely cooled.
- Boil the vegetables and eggs from the water, leave to cool and allow to dry from the water. Peel eggs from the shell, vegetables from the peel. Grate potatoes and carrots separately on a large grater and lay them down on different plates.
- Open the jar with sardines and carefully knead the fish with a fork (do not drain the liquid). Peel the apples and grate on a large grater, add them to a small bowl, add a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
- Squirrels are separated from yolks and grated on a coarse grater, separate container and carefully grind with a fork. Add the layered Mimosa salad with sardines in the order listed below (you can put it in a salad bowl or on a large flat dish using a detachable baking dish ring or a salad ring).
- First lay the grated apples with lemon juice, then shredded sardines, grease 1-2 tablespoons. mayonnaise. Evenly cover the salad with grated potatoes, grease 1-2 tablespoons. mayonnaise. Put on the mayonnaise layer of grated carrots, sprinkle with proteins and grease the surface and sides of the salad with the remaining mayonnaise. Decorate the surface and sides of Mimosa with grated yolks and send the dish in the refrigerator for an hour to impregnate. Serve the ready Mimoza salad with sardines to the chilled table, decorating with fresh herbs. Bon appetit!