An appetizer from a daikon, cooked according to this recipe, is sure to please you and your family. Marinated crispy daikon will not leave anyone indifferent.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 300 g of daikon
- 125 ml of pure water
- 125 ml of vinegar < li itemprop="ingredients">120 g sugar
- a small piece of hot chili pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp paprika powder
- pinch of saffron
Recipe for cooking at home
- The daikon is peeled and cut into thin plates using a vegetable peeler or a special float. If you do not have a special device, you can cut the cleaned daikon with straw.
- Put the daikon in a bowl, pick it up and mix thoroughly. Then transfer it to a colander and leave to drain off excess liquid for an hour. Meanwhile, prepare the marinade for the daikon.
- Pour a small pot into the fire and put it on the fire. Add sugar, turmeric, paprika, saffron and stir to hot water. Immediately after boiling, pour vinegar into the water and bring to a boil.
- As soon as the marinade begins to boil – remove the pan from the heat and strain the liquid through a sieve into a separate container. Leave the marinade to cool to room temperature.
- An hour after you left the daikon drain, dry it with paper towels and put it in a jar. Pour the contents of the can with marinade and stir.
- If you like spicy, you can cut a small slice of red chili peppers into thin rings and mix with marinade and daikon. Close the lid tightly and send to the refrigerator. You can store the daikon in a marinade, in a tightly closed jar, in the refrigerator for about 1.5 months.
- Pickled daikon should be in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably 6-8. After the specified time, you can remove the jar from the refrigerator and transfer the contents to a dish. Marinated daikon is ideal for meat, fish, and as a snack. Bon appetit!