Lentil purée is a great garnish to any main dish, which is so simple to cook. The recipe does not take you much time. In addition, such puree is also very useful.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 100 gr of lentils (of any sort)
- 100 gr of peas
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 onion
- salt to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Peas with lentils thoroughly rinse and pour into a saucepan. Pour the beans approximately 400 ml of cold water and put on fire. Bring to a boil and boil lentils with peas for 30-40 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and grate it on a large grater. Peel onion and cut into thin quarters. In a frying pan, heat a couple of spoons of vegetable oil and put onions. Fry it until golden brown for 3 minutes.
- Then add the carrots and stir. Continue to fry the vegetables together for about 5 minutes until cooked. Ready lentils with peas to salt to taste, add most of the fried vegetables and mix.
- Put the contents of the pan in the bowl of the blender and grind it to a puree state. Return lentil mashed potatoes in a saucepan and put on fire. If necessary, add the spices and salt to taste.
- As soon as the puree of lentils begins to boil, immediately remove from heat and cover with a lid. Leave the garnish for 5 minutes under the lid, then spread it on plates and serve to the main course (along with the remaining fried vegetables). Bon appetit!