Delicate lemon kyrd is very similar in consistence to a thick custard, it can be served as a dessert for tea, and also used for making cakes, cakes and descrices.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 4 medium lemons
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams of sugar
- 50 g of butter
Recipe for cooking at home
- Lemons soak for 10 minutes in warm water. Then drain the water, wipe the fruits dry with a napkin and remove two lemons of zest, rub it on a fine grater. Mix sugar with grated lemon zest in one bowl. Cut all 4 lemons in half and squeeze out all the juice from them, strain it from the pulp and seeds through a sieve. Pour the freshly squeezed lemon juice to the zest with sugar and mix.
- Eggs should be hammered into a separate bowl and shaken until smooth, until the foam is formed. Pour the egg mixture to the lemon and mix. Leave all ingredients for half an hour at room temperature.
- After this time, strain the contents of the bowl through a sieve and put on a fire. Stirring, bring the cream to a boil and reduce the heat. Cook lemon kyrd on medium heat, stirring continuously, until lightly thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and let it cool down. The cooled custard should be poured on kremankami or poured into a glass jar, cover with a food film or tightly close the lid and remove it for half an hour-hour in the refrigerator.
- Chilled lemon cream can be decorated and served as a dessert , and you can also fill them with cakes or smear cake cakes. Have a nice tea!