Want to know how to make a real pilaf from mutton? Our recipe will help you make the most delicious pilaf, which will not leave anyone indifferent.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1 kg of dry rice (preferably round)
- 1 kg of mutton <800gr of carrots
- 3 large bulbs
- about 200 grams of lamb (or pig)
- 1 garlic head (approximately 10-12 teeth) + 1 tooth for flavoring oil
- 2 tsp. ziri
- 2 tsp. dried barberry
- 1 tsp. red ground pepper
- salt to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Put lamb or lard, cut into small pieces and put the frying pan on a weak fire. Not allowing fried fats, stir it often. When all the fat is cut from the fat, remove the cracklings from the pan.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and cut it with straw or grate on a large grater. In a frying pan with the melted fat pour 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil and increase the fire to medium. The garlic clove is cleaned and cut along into 3 parts, put in a mixture of butter and fat. Fry the garlic for a couple of minutes over medium heat, stirring. Then remove it from the frying pan and discard. Half the fat mixture is poured into a cauldron or a deep saucepan with a thick bottom. In a frying pan, combine the carrots and fry it over medium heat for about 7-8 minutes until golden brown and a pleasant aroma.
- Peel the onion and cut into thin quarters. Wash meat, dry and cut into small pieces of the same size. In a cauldron with preheated oil pour in the zir (pre-grind it in the palms of your hands). Then put the onion and fry it 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- When the onion is gilded, increase the fire to the strongest and add the meat. Fry mutton on high heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring. Then pour the fried carrots into the cauldron with meat and onion, mix thoroughly and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Pour the contents of the kasan with hot water so that its level is 1-2 cm higher level of meat with vegetables. Add barberry, red pepper, salt to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Cooking lamb with vegetables about 45-50 minutes with a weak boil under the lid. In the meantime, rinse the rice thoroughly and let it drain from the water. After the specified time, open the lid of the cauldron, steep the garlic head in the center and cover with rinsed rice.
- Pour the contents of the kettle with hot water so as to cover everything by 1-2 cm (as last time ). Cook the pilaf from mutton on high heat for about 20 minutes until the water has completely evaporated (without the lid).
- Then collect the rice in the hill and make a few holes in different places with a spoon for the steam outlets (“pierce” the pilaf to the bottom). light a kitchen towel soaked in water to make it wet (but not wet). After a couple of minutes, cover the pilaf with a lid, remove it from the heat and wrap it with a wet towel.
- Pilaf from lamb should be at least half an hour. Better is 45 minutes. Transfer the ready pilaf with mutton on plates and serve to the table hot. Bon appetit!