With this recipe you can cook the same beautiful kystyby with potatoes, as in the photo. The recipe for this wonderful pie belongs to the Tatar cuisine.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
Dough for dumplings:
- 280 g of flour
- 150 ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 50 grams of melted butter (can be replaced with butter)
- half a hour. sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salts
Filling for potatoes from potatoes:
- 1-1.2 kg of potato
- 300 ml of milk
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Start with the preparation of the dough. In a bowl, pour in warm milk, add salt, sugar and stir well until they are completely dissolved. If you replace creamy butter, you must melt it (without boiling).
- Add egg and butter to the bowl with milk and beat until smooth with a fork / halo. Flour sift through a sieve and carefully knead everything to homogeneity. The dough should be soft, not sticky.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover with a light towel (preferably wet) and leave for half an hour. Peel the potatoes and cut them into medium pieces, add them to a saucepan and pour the milk.
- Put the pan on the fire and bring to a boil, add butter and reduce the heat. Boil the milking potato in milk and butter for about 20 minutes. Then add the salt to taste and carefully knead it all to a mash.
- Peel the onion and finely chop it, heat a spoonful of butter and a spoonful of vegetable oil in a frying pan. Fry the onion with butter until golden brown (about 5 minutes on medium heat). Then add it to the mashed potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Appropriate by that time the dough is divided into 10-12 equal parts, from each roll the ball. Roll each ball to a diameter of about 15 cm on the surface, sprinkled with flour.
- Each cake is fried in a dry frying pan until rudeness (about 1-2 minutes per side). Put the kytybyby this way: put mashed potatoes on one side of the cake, cover with the second half of the flat cake and lightly press it.
- Finished kyystyby with potatoes coated with a piece of butter and put on a dish. Thus, fill all the cakes with stuffing, roll them and fry them on a dish. Serve kystyby in Tatar to the table hot, especially tasty with broth or sour-milk drink. Bon appetit!