Kulesh, whose recipe belongs to the Ukrainian cuisine, is a thick and rich soup with cereals, vegetables and bacon, as in the photo.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0.5 kg of potato
- 150 g of lard
- 1 large onion
- 100 g of wheat
- 1 carrot
- parsley root weighing about 50 grams
- celery root weighing about 50 grams
- a few sprigs of parsley
- a few dill sprouts
- 2 bay leaves
- salt to taste (1-1.5 tsp)
Recipe for cooking at home
- Peel potatoes and cut into small cubes / bars, peel the carrots and cut into small cubes. Root the parsley and celery, cut into small pieces. Pour about 2 liters of clean water into the pan and put it on the fire.
- Add the boiled water (about 1 tsp) and dip the carrots with the roots. After 10 minutes, add crushed potatoes. Millet is rinsed several times under cold water and added to the cooler 7-8 minutes after adding potatoes .
- Reduce the heat so that the water is barely boiling. Cook the cook about 15 minutes with a weak boil. Peel onion and finely chop. Salo cut into cubes, side about 1 cm. In a frying pan, heat a couple of spoons of vegetable oil and put onion.
- Fry it about 3-4 minutes until golden, stirring and adding bacon. Fry the bacon and onions on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the resulting roast in soup kulesh and stir.
- Wash greens and finely chop. After 3-5 minutes, remove the pan from the fire, sprinkle the soup with herbs and cover with a lid. Cover the pan with a warm towel and leave the cook for 15-20 minutes to infuse . Remove the towel, cover and spread the soup over the plates. Bon appetit!