Japanese quince differs from the usual with a more intense and sour taste, so for the preparation of jam you will need a more concentrated syrup.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 2 kg of sugar
- 1 kg of Japanese quince
- 350 ml of pure water
Recipe for cooking at home
- Japanese quince, wash, dry, remove the core and cut the fruit in thin slices. In a large bowl, mix the sugar with water, put it on a weak fire and, stirring constantly, heat the syrup until the sugar grains have completely dissolved.
- Immediately after boiling, add the quince lobes, stir and cook about 5-6 minutes with a slight boil, stirring. Remove the bowl from the fire, cover with gauze and leave for 6-8 hours until completely cooled.
- Return the bowl to the fire and bring the jam from the quince to a boil. Boil it again 5-6 minutes, stirring, remove from the plate and cool. Thus, boil the quince jam 2 more times for 5 minutes.
- To prepare the last cooking jars (sterilize them in any convenient way) and lids (boil them for 10 minutes). Cooked jam is poured over dry jars, rolled up with covers, turned over and wrapped with a blanket.
- After full cooling, you can turn the jars upside down and send them to a cool and dark place for storage. & Nbsp; / li>