The aromatic jam from feijoa, cooked according to this recipe, will be remembered for a long time to you with its original taste.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- Feijoa for jam peel and peel in a bowl, pour them with clean water and set aside. Skins should not be thrown away, but stacked separately in a small container. In a deep frying pan, pour 100 grams of sugar and put it on the fire.
- Hold the frying pan on the fire until the sugar dissolves (when it becomes brown and melt), shaking it periodically. Then remove the frying pan from the fire and after about half a minute (!) Pour 500 ml of boiling water. Stir and put the frying pan on the fire again.
- Put the peel from the cari-melo into the frying pan, cook until boiling. After this, cook, stirring, about 5-7 minutes. Strain the resulting syrup through a sieve into a separate container. Press out the syrup from the rind into this container.
- Drain the water from the feijoa, lightly pour it out and put on fire. Pour strained syrup from the rind and pour sugar, stir until it dissolves. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then cook the jam with feijoa for about half an hour on a small fire, stirring occasionally.
- A minute before the end of cooking, pour into a bowl with jam brandy and stir. Banks to sterilize, pour on them a hot mass and roll up with sterile lids. Turn the jam from the feijoa upside down and leave it to cool in this position for several hours.
- After that, you can remove the jam stored to the rest of the preserves. Ready jam can be served for tea, pancakes or fritters.