The home curd, the recipe of which is described step by step, is much tastier and more useful than the store. The use and quality of cottage cheese cooked at home is beyond question.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 2 l of milk from 3% fat
- 60 g of sour cream (can be replaced with kefir / squash)
Recipe for cooking at home
- If you are cooking cottage cheese from homemade milk, it must be boiled and cooled beforehand. Store milk does not need to be boiled. Milk should be poured into a heat-resistant container (preferably clear and high), add sour cream / kefir or simmered milk and stir.
- Leave the milk with sour cream for 24 hours. If bubbles begin to form, and the surface thickens, then milk is ready. Place the milk container in a saucepan and add water to the milk level.
- Remove the milk from the pan, bring the water to a boil and turn it off immediately. Place the container with the milk in a saucepan with boiling water and cover with a lid. Leave the pan for 20-30 minutes, it should cool down to 40-45C.
- Remove the container with milk (it should curdle, you will see it if you had a transparent form). Leave the curd mixture for another half hour at room temperature.
- After this time, fix the sieve over a clean pan and cover it with one layer of gauze. Pour the curd mixture into a strainer, let the mixture drain for a couple of minutes. Then hang it on gauze over a pot or other container.
- After 2-2.5 hours, the cottage cheese will be ready. Remove the gauze bag, shift the cottage cheese into a clean container and (if desired) refrigerate in the refrigerator. From this amount of ingredients, 500-600 gr of cottage cheese is obtained.
- As you can see, cooking cottage cheese at home is not at all difficult! The cottage cheese is stored in the fridge for 3-4 days, served with fruit, nuts, honey or jam. You can use it in cooking other dishes. Bon appetit!