This is a classic recipe for home cooking of the famous Czech drink "Becherovka".
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 0,75 l of pure water
- 0.5 l of food (pharmaceutical) alcohol 95-96%
- 120 g sugar
- 70 g of fructose (or 30-40 grams of sugar)
- 15-20 clove buds
- 8 peas of fragrant black pepper
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 2/3 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 2-3 boxes of cardamom
- 1 tsp. anise
- a strip of orange peel (1 * 5 cm)
Recipe for cooking at home
- Put all spices and spices in one glass jar and pour them with alcohol. Then add about 0.5 liters of water, stir and tightly cover the jar with a lid.
- Leave the tincture for a week in a dark place protected from sunlight, at a warm temperature. Every day, you need to shake the contents of the bottle.
- After 7-9 days strain the tincture through several layers of gauze. By that time, prepare the syrup: combine the sugar with fructose, the remaining water (250 ml) in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring.
- Remove the pan from the fire and, stirring, cool the syrup to room temperature. Stirring the syrup with a whisk, pour in the tincture. Spread Becherovka on glass bottles of the appropriate size, sent to storage in a dark and cool place.