If you want to cook the same honey baklava as on the beach, at home, this recipe is just what you need.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
Recipe for cooking at home
- Start with dough for baklava. Melt butter or margarine in a water bath until it is liquid. Immediately after this, remove the container from the water bath, leave to cool. Sour cream together with soda and mix thoroughly. Sift the flour through a sieve into a bowl.
- Pour the milk into a separate bowl, add the melted butter, salt, sour cream and stir. Stir in the flour to the liquid ingredients and knead the soft elastic dough. If necessary, pour in the flour. Cover the bowl with the batter for baklava with a food film and leave it for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- After the specified time, cut the dough into 4 equal parts . Put one part on a table, lightly sprinkled with flour and roll it into a thin layer with sides about 25 * 25 cm. Leave the batter for baklava for 15-20 minutes on the table to make it weather-beaten. In the meantime roll out and leave the next piece of dough to be worn out.
- After the specified time, roll the dough tightly from the test paste, about 4-5 cm wide. Cover the entire length of the roll with water and glue the dough. Cut the finished roll with diagonal pieces, approximately 1-2 cm thick.
- Optionally, you can stretch one end of the piece through the middle (like verguns). Pour vegetable oil into a thick-walled pan and put on fire. As soon as the oil is very hot, put a few bits of baklava into it.
- Prepare the homemade baklava for about 1 minute on each side until golden-rosy. Transfer the finished dessert to a paper towel and drain excess fat.
- In a separate saucepan, combine water, sugar and put on fire. Stirring, bring the mixture to a boil. Boil the syrup for baklava for 4-5 minutes on high heat. Then add the honey, stir and reduce the heat so that the syrup weakly boils.
- In the boiling honey syrup, lower the baklava for 1-2 seconds and transfer it to the dish with a noise. Honey baklava must completely cool down . After that, it can be served as a dessert. Bon appetit!