Herring in Dutch is prepared as quickly and simply as possible, this recipe will definitely become one of your favorite fish snack recipes in your kitchen.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
- 2 herrings (lightly salted)
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 large or 2 small lemons
- 15 peas of black pepper
- 1-1,5 tablespoons sugar
- 8 bay leaves
- 5 peas of sweet pepper (can be replaced with black pepper)
- salt to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Herring, remove head, tail and fins, gut and rinse again, dry with paper towel or napkins. Separate the fillets from the skin and bones, cut into medium sized pieces. Lemon for 5-7 minutes in a bowl with hot water (but not with boiling water).
- Peel onion and cut into thin half-rings, peel and grate carrots on a large grater. Take the lemon out of the water, dry and cut into thin slices.
- Pea peppers in a small container and carefully pestle or pound the fork (if you have a spice mill or coffee grinder – you can use them ).
- Fold the herring in a clean glass or plastic container, pounding the onion, carrots, peppers, lemon, bay leaves between layers, sprinkle salt and sugar on each layer of fish. Cover the container with a lid or food film and send it to the refrigerator.
- Leave the herring in Dutch for 8-10 hours in the marinade refrigerator. After the specified time, you can take the dish out of the refrigerator, turn it on a plate and serve it to the table. Herring in Dutch is served in a cold form as a snack. Bon appetit!