Roasted eggplant caviar is a delicious appetizer, which is perfect for any table. Prepare eggplant caviar for this recipe will not even be an experienced hostess.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 1,5 kg eggplants
- 6 bulbs
- 4-5 tomatoes
- 2 Bulgarian pepper
- 200 ml of vegetable oil
- salt, pepper to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Eggplant peel, cut the flesh into small cubes and fold into a large bowl. Salt the eggplant 2 tablespoons. salt and mix thoroughly. Leave the eggplant and salt for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Peel the onion and cut into small cubes. Bulgarian pepper is washed, peeled and cut into small pieces. In a deep frying pan pour in the vegetable oil and put it on the fire.
- Pour the onion into the burning oil and fry it until golden brown for 7-10 minutes. Then add the Bulgarian pepper and fry it all for 2-3 minutes. Eggplants should be squeezed carefully from the juice and dried with a paper towel, add to the onion and pepper.
- Fry the eggplant about 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally. In the meantime, make a cross-cut on the tomatoes and put them in a pot of boiling water.
- After a minute drain the hot water and pour the tomatoes with cold water for a couple of minutes. Peel the tomatoes from the skins and cut them into small cubes. Add crushed tomato pulp to roast caviar and mix.
- Cooking eggplant eggs in a fry pan 15-20 minutes until cooked. In the meantime, you can sterilize cans and lids in any convenient way for you (for conservation for the winter). To spread the caviar in cans, roll up with lids, turn upside down and cover with a warm blanket.
- Roasted eggplant caviar should be steeped in this form until it cools completely. Then it can be removed to a dark cool place. Stored caviar about 2 years in a cool place. If desired, you can serve eggplant caviar to the table immediately after preparation.