Fried peas are an undeservedly forgotten but favorite snack. This dish may well be a useful alternative to harmful chips and snacks to beer.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 200-250 grams of dry chopped peas
- 30 ml of vegetable oil
- 10-15 grams butter
- salt, spices to taste
Recipe for cooking at home
- Peas pour into a strainer or colander and rinse thoroughly under a jet of cool water. Pour peas into a saucepan, pour large amounts of cool water and leave overnight (8-12 hours) at room temperature.
- After this time, drain the water and dry the peas on a napkin or paper towel. Pour vegetable oil into the frying pan, put it on a strong fire and warm it up.
- Put the washed peas in preheated oil, warm it, stirring, and then slightly reduce the heat. Add salt and spices to taste, fry peas over medium heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add butter to the frying pan, mix well and reduce the heat to a minimum. Cook the fried peas for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until ruddy.
- Transfer the contents of the pan into a bowl covered with paper towels or napkins to remove excess fat. You can serve appetizer to the table either warm or cold. Bon appetit!