A step-by-step recipe for making tasty, crispy light-salted cucumbers. Harvesting cucumbers for the winter is a long process, but the result is worth it, believe me.
Type of kitchen:
Cooking method :
In the oven
- 3 kg of cucumber
- 4,5 l of pure water
- 4,5 tbsp . salt
- 4 garlic heads (in each jar on the head)
- 5 garlic cloves (for pickling)
- a small bunch of dill
- a few horseradish and currant leaves
Recipe for cooking at home
- Cucumbers wash, peel off and put into a bowl. Pour in iced water (so.to fully cover the cucumber) and leave for a couple of hours. A few leaves (3-4) horseradish and currant (3-4) rinse and put in a bowl with cucumbers.
- A few dill sprigs are washed and cut into several pieces. Garlic cloves must be peeled off and cut into two pieces each. Pour water into a large saucepan and put on fire, bring to a boil, pour in salt and stir.
- Drain the water from the cucumbers. In a deep and wide bowl, add the cucumbers, alternating them with horseradish leaves, dill and currant (leaves). Press cucumbers with a load (eg a large plate, and put a stone about 1 kg or a teapot with water) so that they do not float up, but are completely in the brine.
- Leave the cucumbers to marinate on 24 -34 hours. After the specified time, sterilize the cans in any convenient way for you – in a couple or in the oven. Remove the pressure, remove all the lightly salted cucumbers into a separate bowl with a whisk. Then rinse them thoroughly under cold water.
- Strain the marinade several times through a sieve into a separate pan, discard the greens. Put the marinade on the fire and bring to a boil, if a foam forms on the surface – remove it. After boiling, boil the brine for a minute and remove from heat.
- Wash and dry the currant leaves and fennel branches. In sterile jars, put together cucumbers, 2-3 leaves / sprigs of currant and dill. Pour the cucumbers with a hot marinade and roll the cans with sterilized lids.
- Turn the cans upside down and cover with a blanket or a warm jacket. Leave the cans with cucumbers in this position until they cool down (about 6 hours). Remove lightly salted cucumbers for storage to the rest of the workpieces for the winter.
- In about a week, cucumbers can be opened and served with main courses.